C10 Forum  

Go Back   C10 Forum > C10 Specific Forums > 1973-1987 C10 Discussion

Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Porkchopsc10
KILLIN TIME

Default back half question

so i have a question does anybody make a bolt on back half for a 74 shortbed besides AIM/airbagit or what ever name they wanna call it to throw people off so they dont think there buying crappy air ride equipment) i had very very bad experiance with that company and very much doubt i would ever spend a nickel with them again (wrong parts then swore up and down they didnt then i had to take pictures of the parts they sent me and said they sent me the correct brackets they sent me 2 left side and none not for the right side and then i talked to some jerk (chris) who didnt want to help me do shit. i had to talk to the owner about this issue and after my truck sat in the shop for a extra 2 weeks i got the correct part. Enough venting about the company i spoke to a guy at SD and said they only make one for pre 72 and no plans on making anything for anything newer.i was kinda looking for the easy way but now i think about it maybe i can find a guy that will do all my welding for me and i will pay them with a millermatic 175 230v wirefed with about 10 hours on it any takers in washington state
Porkchopsc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
dv8customs
Member Laying Body

The answer to your question is no.

Porterbuilt has a nice rear kit though.
dv8customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Porkchopsc10
KILLIN TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8customs View Post
porterbuilt has a nice rear kit though.
got a link?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Porterbuilt Street Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchopsc10 View Post
got a link?
http://www.porterbuiltfabrication.co...ear-73-87-2000
Old 09-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
frenchsquared
Gear Head...

So how do you really feel about AIM?

I may be missing something but what about ridetech?
http://www.ridetech.com/store/truck/...ures_hash=V179

I thought they were good just over priced.
Build Thread 79 C10 Stepside, on 22's, 350, AFR 2.02 Heads, Victor Jr, Holley 770 Ultra, 12 bolt 3:73, 700r4...

46 Rat Rod 80 C20, 74 Camaro and a few other things thrown in.

The Dually... Sold this one.... Moved on to the 46
frenchsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Porkchopsc10
KILLIN TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchsquared View Post
So how do you really feel about AIM?
ohh...you dont want to even get me started about AIM LOL
I had people warm me about the company before i even bought anything from them for me b2200 but i thought i would make the desision for myself and man..... i kick myself in the ass for that. Anyways enough about them the only good that came out of that company was i saved myself money but i have learned that saveing money isnt always the best way.You get what you pay for... i would rather have good parts and somebody who acknowlages they fuc$ed up my order and didnt dr0p the ball and blame somebody else and accuse me of not knowing what i was doing.the extra money might hurt your wallet at first but in the end spending a extra couple hundred bucks is worth it.And yes thats EXPENSIVE 7 GRAND is a little to much cash for a guy who is the only wone working in my house and got a 4 year old that is a spoiled and gets everything along with his mother lol a happy wife is a happy life (life = sex life)
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
Porkchopsc10
KILLIN TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods View Post
what a noob i am i didnt even seen there link on the main page. duh
Man after spending over a hour on the PORTERBUILT page I AM NOT SPEDNING MY MONEY ANYWHERE ELSE.i will be buying everything for my truck threw this company this guys $hit looks sic a hell
its gonna take me a while to get everything but im gonna start with tubular
a arms and drop spindels with upper bag brackets then move to the rear of the truck after looking at there stuff im going no where else!!!!! hopefully i can get some deals cuz i know a few people who know a few people and word of mouth goes a long way around these parts lol
Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
Cory D

go down to snowisle if you need some one to weld, try to find some one WABO qualified. i have soem steel experience but i have allot more experience on aluminum. look in the regional subforum, you might find some one in the area that can weld for you
Cory D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #9
luifer76
BRINGING BACK C10'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchopsc10 View Post
so i have a question does anybody make a bolt on back half for a 74 shortbed besides AIM/airbagit or what ever name they wanna call it to throw people off so they dont think there buying crappy air ride equipment) i had very very bad experiance with that company and very much doubt i would ever spend a nickel with them again (wrong parts then swore up and down they didnt then i had to take pictures of the parts they sent me and said they sent me the correct brackets they sent me 2 left side and none not for the right side and then i talked to some jerk (chris) who didnt want to help me do shit. i had to talk to the owner about this issue and after my truck sat in the shop for a extra 2 weeks i got the correct part. Enough venting about the company i spoke to a guy at SD and said they only make one for pre 72 and no plans on making anything for anything newer.i was kinda looking for the easy way but now i think about it maybe i can find a guy that will do all my welding for me and i will pay them with a millermatic 175 230v wirefed with about 10 hours on it any takers in washington state
if i was you i would stay away from airbagit.com/Aim they have a bunch of fucks running the place their customer service sucks....... but one of the places i would recomend like DV8 said is Porterbiult they should have a nice rear set up you may still need to weld a little bit and do some cutting but is not as much as if you were to put a kit together that needs all the welding done.....
luifer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #10
andrewmp6

Nates rear dropmember is nice but you have to lose the stock gas tanks with it.Ride tech is nice but it won't lay frame and keeps the stock gas tanks.Or there is http://www.kplinks.com/home.php it will lay frame and has bolt in notches and a watts link option.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #11
Porterbuilt Street Rods

The fuel tanks hang below the bottom of the frame rails on the 73-87 trucks, so if you want to lay frame you will need to relocate them no matter which kit you decide to run.

Nate
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 AM   #12
andrewmp6

I will give nate credit his is bomb proof the way its designed.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
rusty76

I really dig some of the offerings that some of these compaines offer. But the price is what keeps me away.

NC C10 Owners....come see the fun.

http://www.c10forum.com/forum/group.php?groupid=10
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #14
dv8customs
Member Laying Body

I don't have a problem with the prices, I just have a problem with my funding.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #15
rusty76

Funding and prices.....geez for some of the prices we could buy a couple trucks. I don't dislike the product just the price. I wonder if anybody will ever make a decent introductory kit that has a very modest price? Ridetech you listening?

NC C10 Owners....come see the fun.

http://www.c10forum.com/forum/group.php?groupid=10
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
Porterbuilt Street Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Funding and prices.....geez for some of the prices we could buy a couple trucks. I don't dislike the product just the price. I wonder if anybody will ever make a decent introductory kit that has a very modest price? Ridetech you listening?
Quick question for all who would care to share their input....

This is a comment that gets made from time to time... and I understand where it comes from. It can seem next to impossible to enjoy our toys when it's hard enough to make a dollar stretch far enough to cover life's essentials, let alone "extras".

I have been thinking about working ti develope some quality "basic systems" that are more for the "budget" oriented guys. What do you consider to be a "modest" price, and what would you hope to get in such a kit?

Nate
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #17
dv8customs
Member Laying Body

The problem I think you will have is that the majority of people will at least want to be able to lay frame. Without doing extensive chassis mods you can't get there without replacing the crossmember, which is what you have already provided.

Most would probably say that $1,000 for $75 worth of steel is too high but they fail to realize all that goes into making that pile of steel into a functional component.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #18
63 Dream

R&D and labor cost are always more than the raw materials.
63 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
made c10

Porkchopsc10 Go with P.b. if you can , if not , i can do some welding , fab for you , i got a wirefeed , stick , torch , portaband , grinders , drillpress , ect . I have my wabo card , ill send you a pm.
made c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #20
andrewmp6

Would it be kinda like the budget stuff you have done for the 67-72 trucks?I would love to bag my truck but money is the only thing holding me back lately.aim aka airbagit aka chassis tech has the cheapest stuff but after seeing there welds i understand why its so cheap.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #21
laydout86
rickey staton

I believe if you can do a back kit for 1000. And a front kit for 1500 u prolly would have more people buying them just my oppinion
laydout86 is offline   Reply With Quote